Many Call of Duty gamers prefer the precision that keyboard and mouse gaming offers, but it’s not just PC gamers who can benefit from it. Here are the best keyboard shortcuts for Vanguard and how to use a mouse and keyboard on Xbox and PlayStation.
With crossplay now present in every premium Call of Duty game, the debate between keyboard and mouse (KBM) and controller rages on. Some gamers think the precision a mouse provides gives KBM players a huge advantage, while others still think aim assist from the “broken” controller should be denied.
Still, keyboard and mouse are a great way to play Call of Duty: Vanguard, offering the precision of aiming with your whole arm and a keyboard full of buttons at your disposal. Moreover, you can also use KBM on your Xbox and PlayStation.
Here are the best keyboard shortcuts for Call of Duty: Vanguard Season 2 Reloaded, and how to play on Xbox and PlayStation with a keyboard and mouse.
Best Call of Duty: Vanguard Mouse Settings
How to find the best mouse sensitivity in Vanguard
The first thing you need to do is make sure the aiming input device is set to Mouse. You can’t change this setting once matchmaking has started, so if it’s defaulted to “Controller” you won’t be able to move around and will have to go back to change it.
But for sensitivity, it really depends on you and your preferred DPI (essentially, your mouse sensitivity). When the full game launches, you’ll be able to create a private game and find the perfect settings for you.
A good rule of thumb, however, is that dragging your mouse from one end of the pad to the other will result in a full 360 degree turn. It’s not perfect for everyone, but it’s a good starting point for finding the best sensitivity.
Once you’ve locked in your sensitivity, there are a few more settings you need to tweak to play your best.
- Mouse Sensitivity: 5 (use the tips above to find what works best for you)
- ADS sensitivity multiplier: 1.00
- Custom sensitivity per zoom: Disabled
- ADS Sensitivity Transition Timing: Instantaneous
- Vertical sight (on foot): Standard
- Vertical sight (land vehicles): Standard
- Vertical Aim (Air Vehicles): Standard
Advanced mouse settings
- ADS Mouse Sensitivity Mode: Legacy (alternate)
- Monitor Distance Coefficient: 0
- ADS Sense. Multiplier (Constant Aim): 1.00
- Mouse wheel input delay: 0
- Mouse Acceleration: 0
- Mouse filtering: 0
- Mouse smoothing: Disabled
For the mode, experienced players may find the most comfort in Legacy (Alternate), as it is the same legacy setting as in Warzone. Or, you can try the Relative setting which comes by default in Vanguard.
And you want easing, filtering, and smoothing turned off completely. All of this sacrifices accuracy, so they’re just not worth it.
Best Call of Duty: Vanguard Keyboard Shortcuts
Here are our recommended keyboard shortcuts for playing Vanguard. Of course, these settings are all down to preference, but these are a good start while you get used to playing with a mouse and keyboard.
- Crouching behavior: To fall over
- Slide behavior: Faucet
- Prone behavior: To fall over
- Airborne Coat: Manual
- Automatic ground coat: Disabled
- Coat Position Queuing: On
- Auto sprint: Automatic tactical sprint
- Sprint/tactical sprint behavior: To fall over
- Sprint cancels the reload: Disabled
- Interaction with door knock: Automatique
- Walking behavior: Hold
- Walking speed: 25% of normal speed
Weapons and equipment
- Aim Down Behavior: Hold
- Weapon mount activation: ADS + Melee
- Weapon mount movement output: Disabled
- Equipment behavior: Hold
- Quick charge detonation: On
- Edit Zoom Shared Input: Stable lens
- Weapon Switch Wrap: On
- Ammo Depleted Weapon Switch: On
- Interaction behavior: Faucet
- Automatic fire behavior: Hold
Overlays and Shortcuts
- Dashboard behavior: Hold
- System key behavior: Operating system
It helps to be able to quickly minimize the game by pressing the Windows key. However, if you tend to accidentally press it, you can switch System key behavior to Game, which disables the Windows key.
- Advance: O
- Move back: S
- Move left: A
- Move right: D
- Jump/Stand/Coat: space bar
- Crouch/glide: CTRL
- Prone: FROM
- Regular sprint/goal: Change
Weapons and equipment
- Firearm: Left mouse button
- Aim down: Right mouse button
- Previous weapon: 1/ Mouse wheel down
- Next weapon: 2/ Mouse wheel up
- Lethal Equipment: Mouse button 5
- Tactical equipment: Mouse button 4
- Field Upgrade: X
- Scrum/Finish: V
- Reload: R
- Utilize: E
- Weapon Mount: Aim and Melee
- Alternative fire: B
- Killstreak 1 location: 3
- Killstreak 2 location: 4
- Killstreak 3 location: 5
- Killstreak 4 Location (Extra): 6
- Killstreak Wheel: K
- Gas: O
- Reverse: S
- Turn left : A
- Turn right: D
- Explode: Left mouse button
How to play Vanguard with a keyboard and mouse on PlayStation and Xbox
Even if you’re on consoles, you can still enjoy the precision offered by a mouse and keyboard. Fortunately, it’s extremely easy to set up as the Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 5 all offer KBM support.
Once they’re plugged in, load up Vanguard and use the settings above to have the best hotkeys possible.
How to Use Mouse and Keyboard on PlayStation
To connect a mouse and keyboard to your PlayStation, simply plug them into the USB ports on the back of the console. Wait a few seconds and your PS4 or PS5 should pick up the new input. Then you can access the devices and fine tune the commands.
Here is a step-by-step guide to using MKB on PlayStation:
- Turn on your PlayStation 4 or 5
- Plug your peripherals into the USB ports on the back of the console
- Wait for PlayStation to recognize keyboard and mouse
- Go to “Devices”
- From there, tweak the KBM controls until you’re comfortable
How to Use the Xbox Mouse and Keyboard
Connecting a keyboard and mouse to an Xbox console is similar to connecting to a PlayStation. Simply plug peripherals into your Xbox’s USB ports and the console will quickly recognize new inputs.
Keep in mind that you will need to use your controller to navigate the Xbox UI and settings menus.
Here is a step-by-step guide to using MKB on Xbox consoles:
- Turn on your Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S
- Plug your peripherals into the console’s USB ports
- Wait for Xbox to recognize keyboard and mouse
- Select ‘Profiles & system’ > ‘Settings’ > ‘Devices & connections’
- From here you can configure your mouse and keyboard
And that’s all you need to know to play Call of Duty: Vanguard on a mouse and keyboard, even if you play on consoles.
For more edge, you can check out the best controller and audio settings, as well as the best guns in the game.
Image Credit: Activision/Logitech