Genshin Impact 2.6 is only a few hours away, and it’s packed with fantastic content that you won’t want to miss, including some very special banners.
In the new update, Kamisato Ayato will become a playable character, and Travelers will also have the option to wish for Ayaka and Venti.
Kamsato Ayato’s debut is a highly anticipated event after players have wondered about the character for some time, but Ayato may not be Genshin Impact 2.6’s most significant new addition. The update will also introduce a brand new area, The Chasm!
With all of these exciting additions and more in store, join us as we count down to Genshin Impact 2.6’s release time while covering all the latest update news.
LATEST – New Ayato Trailer Reveals Story Details
Hoyoverse has released a second new trailer for Kamisato Ayato – and it has massive story implications for Genshin Impact 2.6!
In the new demo, we see Ayaka’s brother in action. Together with Sayu and the Shuumatsuban Ayato, Ayato fights against Fatui’s conspiracy.
Along with displaying his abilities, the clip also reveals Ayato’s whereabouts during the Archon Quest events in Inazuma. It seems that he has a more important role than we imagined!
Check out our breakdown of the video here.
Genshin Impact 2.6 Release Time and Date
Genshin Impact 2.6 will go live March 30, 2022at 11am server time (Chinese Standard Time).
This breaks down into the following posting times:
- March 29, 2022, 8:00 p.m. PST
- March 29, 2022, 11 p.m. EST
- March 29, 2022, 4:00 GMT
Genshin Impact 2.6 Final Countdown
READ MORE: Preload Genshin Impact 2.6 NOW!
Server downtime and maintenance schedule
Genshin Impact 2.6 Maintenance Starts At 6 am server time to March 30, 2022.
Server maintenance is estimated to take around five hours, with players being compensated 300 Primogems for the downtime.
Check server status here
Genshin Impact 2.6 Banners
Genshin Impact 2.6 banners will break down into two phases, each with their awesome new things to look forward to.
The first phase will feature two 5-star characters. Kamisato Ayato is a highly anticipated character. Additionally, Ayaka’s brother will be joined by the Anemo Archon.
The banner, Azure Tourwill feature Kamisato Ayato – 5 Star Electro, Catalyst character.
The banner, Ballad in goblets, will feature Venti – a 5 star Anemo Bow character.
The following 4-star characters complete this first banner:
The first weapon banner will feature a bow and the new 5-star sword.
- Haran Tsukishiro Futsu 5 Star Sword, Kamisato Ayato’s signature weapon.
- Elegy for the End The 5 Star Bow is an exciting niche weapon.
The following 4-star weapons complete the banner:
- Rust – Bow
- Flute – Sword
- Sacrificial Greatsword -Claymore
- Lenght – Catalyst
- Dragonbane – Polearm
For the second phase of Genshin Impact 2.6, we will only receive one replay, Kamisato Ayaka.
The second weapon banner will feature the Reforged Mistbreaker 5 Star Sword, Ayaka’s signature weapon.
What’s new in Genshin Impact 2.6?
- Floating Mushroom or Moldbeast
- Bug-type creatures that float around and light up the area.
- They will drop ascension gear called: mushroom spore.
- Dark Serpent Knight: Windbreaker
- A tenebrous husk that harnesses the Anemo element
- Weeping concretions (New Boss)
- An abyssal mechanism of significant proportions
Once defeated, Weeping concretions will drop materials for future characters, Yelan and Kuki Shinobu.
New Weapons and Artifacts
- Besides the 5 star sword, Haran Tsukishiro Futsu players will have the chance to farm two new sets of artifacts.
- Both sets of artifacts will increase normal attacksVermilion below, and Echoes of an Offering.
These are the new events and replays coming in Genshin Impact 2.5
- Quest for two new stories:
- Kamisato Ayato Story Quest: Guardian of the Cypress
- New Archon Story: Requiem from the Echo Depths
- Main Event: Shades of the Purple Garden
- The Irodori Festival will be divided into 4 mini-games
- The moon and the stars: Travelers will take landscape photos to inspire new poetry.
- Register Theater Mechanicus: The replay of this mini-game will bring new mechanics and new challenges.
- Clash of the Lone Blades: A sword pairing event where players can practice new sword skills
- The flowery courtyard: In this event, players will help Ayaka create Ikebana (flower decorations), which players can use in their Serenitea pot.
- Xingqiu will be the free character during this event.
- Western spices
- A peculiar lady from Sumeru arrives in Liyue in search of new spices to experiment with.
- A culinary event that will continue in the Serenitea Pot.
- Vibro-crystalline research
- A researcher from Fontaine (Hydro Nation) is on the outskirts of the sinkhole to research the properties of the crystals.
- Travelers will test the crystals in a combat challenge where players must complete 6 challenges with 2 chambers each.
- Each stage has a unique theme and trial characters: Raiden, Venti, Yoimiya, Ayato, Yae Miko, Kokomi, Kazuha, Itto, Albedo, Mona, Ayaka.
- Off the canvas, inside the lens
- The artist called Asagiri sent a commission to get pictures from different nations.
- A casual event that will require players to use the in-game camera.
- Overrun Ley Line Recovery
READ MORE: Genshin Impact 2.7: Banner leaks, release date and all the latest news