MLB The Show 22 received its first post-launch update. Although the latest entry in Sony’s annual baseball franchise hasn’t technically summer Just released, the game arrived late last week via early access. And with The Show 22 Now in the hands of those who opted to pay a little extra to access it upfront, developer Sony San Diego Studio has now released the title’s first patch.
Available to download now on all platforms, this first update for MLB The Show 22 Fixes a number of lingering issues that players have started to discover. A lot of these issues were with the title’s gameplay, but San Diego Studio also fixed some issues with co-op play, which is a new feature in this year’s game.
In all likelihood, this new update for MLB The Show 22 is just one of many we should expect to see rolling out in the coming days. As such, the game is far from fixing all the remaining bugs, but we should see more of these fixes coming soon enough.
If you want to check out the full patch notes for this MLB The Show 22 update, you can find them below. Conversely, if you wait for the full launch of the game, it will happen on Tuesday, April 5 for the PlayStation, Xbox, and Nintendo Switch platforms.
- Fixed an issue where the pitcher would not back up home plate under certain circumstances.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused user input to be ignored when running base.
- Fixed an issue preventing 1B from covering 1st as quickly as it should.
- Fixed a bug that caused the manager tip “The caster gets tired” to appear when the caster had full energy.
- Fixed an issue in player lock where the arrow to cover 1B would display slower than normal.
- Fixed an issue where tutorials were causing incorrect launch inputs.
- Fixed an issue preventing the “Unable to pitch” icon from displaying in specific scenarios in the online game.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes prevented players from scoring in specific defensive situations.
- Fixed an issue where pressing L2 to switch players was not working in specific scenarios.
- Made increases to the effectiveness of relay throws after a catch.
- Fixed an issue that caused the first baseman to pitch late to the pitcher covering 1B specific scenarios.
- Fixed an issue where the receiver would not go far enough to tag in specific scenarios along the 3B line.
- Fixed an issue where the first baseman could not branch a pitch to home.
- Fixed an issue where perfect throws from the OF would sometimes cause the receiver to move off the plate.
- Fixed an issue in the event reward screen where each card in the list was showing “Promoted” to a team, instead of just one.
- Fixed an issue where a username would appear as zeros when a user quits.
- Fixed a bug that blocked the on-screen voice chat menu.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the captain icon from updating to the correct user when another user left.
- Fixed an issue that caused players to return to the main menu when searching for opponents.
- Fixed an issue where players could still hear each other after leaving a lobby.
- Fixed a visual bug where the matchmaking progress bar would immediately go from 0 to max.
- Fixed a bug that caused chat to delete messages.
- Various fixes to player markers and throw counter issues.
- Fixed an issue where the baserunner window would display late while defending.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the caster covering the house to not try to hit the runner trying to score in wild terrain.
ROUTE TO THE SHOW
- Fixed a bug that prevented a pitcher from facing the defender when throwing at them during post-game.
- Fixed an issue that caused incompatible logos and names.
- Fixed an issue that caused the user to be placed in the wrong Diamond Dynasty screen after a Mini Seasons playoff match.
- Fixed a bug where losing in the playoffs would not register correctly in the UI until the player exits the mode and re-enters.
- MLB Futures Game uniforms now display the correct year on the All-Star Game patch.
- Fixed an issue where some spawned players had inaccurate trade values.
DERBY HOME RACE
- Fixed a bug where the farthest home run was not being recorded and displayed correctly.
- Fixed a bug that could cause users to get stuck when riding the wheel in certain situations.
- Fixed an issue where the pitch count was not displaying when using the regional theme.
- The text “Remaining pause time” is no longer cut off in the pause menu during an online game.
- Fixed an issue that displayed baserunners out of position in the baserunning diamond display when using classic baserunning.
- Fixed an issue that displayed incorrect difficulty in the UI for Exhibitions and Playing Against Friends.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Diamond cards from displaying correctly on loading screens and in-game.
- Players will no longer disconnect from games if their controller disconnects.
- Launch of the Nike City Connect Washington Nationals uniform.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when loading into a Battle Royale game.
- Various equipment additions and updates.
- Various fixes have been made to improve stability in all modes.
- Various audio tweaks and fixes in all modes.
- Various lighting fixes.