Gran Turismo 7’s first major update since launch has just arrived for PlayStation 5 and PS4, and it looks like a doozy. Wasting no time in improving the driving simulation, Polyphony Digital made patch 1.06 available today, adding more content and bringing a bunch of fixes.
Adding title here seems to be an extension of Music Replay. The studio has added 64 songs to the feature, giving you a lot more choice when playing your music replays. Elsewhere, a wind direction and speed indicator has been added to the in-race display, giving you even more information about riding conditions.
Beyond these, there are a myriad of bug fixes that prevent errors, progress freezes, and more. The patch notes are long and get very specific, so we won’t dwell on them too much here, except to say that the game is now even more polished. The patch itself weighs around 916MB on PS5. We’ve embedded the full recap below in case you’re interested. Did you have any issues with GT7? Speed up in the comments section below.
Main features implemented
1. Race display
- Added wind direction and speed indicators. An arrow (wind direction) and number (wind speed) will be displayed at the top right of the screen below the track map.
2. Music playback
Other improvements and adjustments
1. Progress blockages and application errors
- Fixed a very rare issue where progress made on a menu book was not being recognized and preventing players from continuing their game;
- Fixed an issue where an application error would occur when using PlayStation®4 system broadcast features;
- Fixed an issue where an application error would occur when ‘Shoot’ was selected in ‘Race Photo’ during a replay displayed in 4K on the PlayStation®4 Pro system and with the aspect ratio set to 16: 9;
- Fixed an issue where an application error would occur when “License Plate” was selected in “GT Auto” under [Car Customisation] > [Other]while progressing through Menu Book #20, “Show Your Custom Wing”.
2. World Circuits
- Fixed an issue where the actual time of day in a “Custom Race” of some tracks did not match the selection made in [Time / Weather Settings] > [Timeframe];
- Fixed an issue with the Sector 2 Bronze target time in “Circuit Experience” of the “Willow Springs Raceway: Streets of Willow Springs” track that made the Bronze award unachievable;
- Fixed an issue where it was possible to choose cars without dirt tires installed from the [Settings] > [Change Car] the Quick Menu during a ‘Time Trial’ and a ‘Drift Trial’ on Dirt tracks;
- Fixed weather issue for all racing events;
- The overtaking feature for the Dallara SF19 Super Formula / Honda ’19 has been disabled in the ‘S-7’ (One Lap Time Attack) license test in the ‘License’ pavilion. (Leaderboards have been reset.)
3. Automatic GT
- Fixed an issue where the racing suit would not display in “Driving Gear” under certain conditions;
- Removed “Duplicate to Opposite Side” and “Duplicate Symmetrically” menu items from left and right arm “Layer Controls” when editing Racing Suit Livery;
- Fixed an issue where job results were not applied in “Maintenance and Car Service” if the job was selected by moving the cursor with the left stick.
4. Car Parameters
- Fixed an issue where the settings sheet would become empty and settings content could not be saved. With this fix, blank adjustment sheets will remain but you can delete them normally. This will also fix progress blockers encountered when menu book tasks involved car settings;
- Fixed an issue where a car would revert to its stock wheels if the tuning sheet was changed while a non-standard wheel was fitted;
- Fixed an issue where “Maximum Speed (automatically set)” would not adjust correctly when a fully customizable transmission was fitted;
- Fixed an issue where the speeds displayed under the rotation Gs were incorrect;
- Fixed an issue where adding a new tuning sheet for a car where the engine was swapped out would not carry that information over to the new sheets. Engine swapping will now be applied to all settings sheets.
5. Showcase and my page
- Fixed an issue in ‘Showcase’ where the 2nd page and beyond would not display correctly if the number of items in ‘My Items’ and ‘Collection’ exceeded 100;
- Fixed an issue in “Gallery” where the 2nd page and beyond would not display correctly if the number of items in “My Page” exceeded 100 items.
6. Brand Center
- Fixed an issue where an invite icon would appear in the maker’s “Showroom” even when the player did not have an invite.
- Fixed an issue where replays and demo replays would not play to completion.
- Fixed an issue where “Assist Settings” would reset after joining a location and leaving without entering a race;
- Fixed an issue where the weather and time set by the host were not reflecting correctly for other players in the room.
- Changed the “Flash and Toggle High/Low Beams” function assigned to the default button of the DUALSHOCK®4 and DualSense™ wireless controllers to “Flash High Beams”. If the button was previously remapped, selecting “Restore Defaults” will apply the change;
- Fixed an issue where the BGM would not play during Music Replay if the [Sound Volume] > [Menu BGM] the volume level has been set to 0;
- Fixed an issue where exposure value changes in “Exposure and Saturation” settings made when first starting the game were not reflected in the preview screen.
10. Steering controller
- Fixed an issue where the Thrustmaster TH8A shifter did not work properly when connected to USB. Please note that the PlayStation®5 console is not compatible with this USB connection. The shifter can be used by connecting it directly to the base of the steering wheel using a “DIN to DIN” cable.
- Fixed an issue where clearing all license tests on wet surfaces would not award the “Rain Royalty” bronze trophy. Players who have already passed the relevant tests can acquire the trophy by clearing the tests again;
- The race demo shown during auto demos has been replaced with a music replay;
- Various other issues were addressed.