The Fragment of Alexander is one of the best talismans in Elden Ring, greatly increasing your skill damage. Here’s how to complete the Iron Fist Alexander questline and get your hands on it.
Iron Fist Alexander, your friendly giant potty companion, is definitely a fan favorite character from Elden Ring. However, you might not know that the mighty warrior has a gift for you once you complete his easy-to-miss questline.
Here’s how to get your hands on the Shard of Alexander Talisman, giving you a major boost to your skill attack power in Elden Ring.
Read more: Elden Ring cheats corrupt player save files – How to fix infinite drop glitch
Elden Ring: How to Complete Iron Fist Alexander Quest – Full Guide
- First, you’ll need to start Alexander’s questline by meeting him here in Limgrave. This is one of the best things to do at the start of your Elden Ring journey, so don’t miss it.
- Simply talk to Alexander, then hit him several times to dislodge him from the hole he’s stuck in.
- Then you can meet Iron Fist Alexander in the Rear Gael tunnel, where you can talk to him again.
- Next, you’ll encounter the mighty Pot Warrior once more just before General Radahn’s boss fight. He’ll even assist you in battle, whether you’ve met him before or not!
- Exhaust Alexander’s dialogue once more after the fight, then head to Liurnia of the Lakes.
- Alexander is next encountered just below Carian Study Hall on the map. Again he’s stuck in a hole but this time we won’t hit him.
- If you don’t have an Oil Pot yet, head to Nokron, the Eternal City, using this guide.
- Then, as you progress through the underground, you will soon come to the bank of the Siofra River. Here you can climb the wooden ladders on the structure in the center and run along the wooden bridge past the waterfall and down the merchant below.
- Buy the Nomad Warrior Cookbook  and you’ll be able to craft an Oil Pot out of Molten Mushrooms, found in and around Nokron.
- Craft one or two pots and return to Alexander. Throw a pot at Alexander, then hit him several times to free him.
- Later in the game, you’ll come to Mount Gelmir, a location north of Liurnia and west of the Altus Plateau. To the northwest you will find the Seethewater Terminus site of Grace.
- Head south to the nearby Lava Pool (visible on the map) and a Magma Wyrm boss fight awaits. Go down it, then use Torrent to cross the lava until you encounter Alexander again. Talk to him from the rock nearby so you don’t get burned.
- Now is the time to head to Foot of the Forge in the Giant Mountains. Cross the nearby Chain Bridge, slightly south of the Grace site, and you’ll face the Fire Giant boss fight. If you’ve followed this guide precisely, you’ll even be able to summon Iron Fist Alexander to aid you in battle.
- Finally, head to the Crumbling Farum Azula using our guide here.
- You’ll naturally progress through this area, fighting at least one dragon along the way. Soon you will come to the Dragon Temple Elevator.
- From there, head southwest, up the fallen tower in front of you, and you’ll meet Alexander one last time, at the site of another dragon fight.
- Speak to him to receive the Warrior Jar Shard as well as to finally receive the Shard of Alexander in Elden Ring!
- If you do not complete this entire series of quests, you will face Alexander in a real duel of warriors. Win and you will get not only the Shard of Alexander, but also the Guts of Alexander! Give them to Jar Bairn after completing his quest to unlock a Companion Jar Talisman which increases the potency of the throwing pot.
If you’re stuck with boss fights along the way, don’t miss this incredibly easy way to beat any boss in the Elden Ring!
And now that you have the Shard of Alexander, why not combine it with one of the most powerful weapons in Elden Ring: these legendary armaments!
Thanks to YouTuber ConCon for providing us with a video guide which you can see below: