● Aric Almirola is the only driver in the NASCAR Cup Series to finish on the lead lap in every race this season.
● Almirola’s average finish of 10.2 in the first five races places him second among all drivers this season. It’s his best average finish in five races in 10 full-time Cup Series seasons.
● Almirola is the only NASCAR Cup Series driver to finish in the top 10 in the first three races this year. He finished fifth in the season-opening Daytona 500 at Daytona (Fla.) International Speedway, sixth at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, California, and sixth at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Almirola’s top-10 streak ended with a 12th-place finish at Phoenix Raceway despite being inside the top-10 for the entire race.
● Last weekend at Atlanta Motor Speedway, Almirola led six laps and raced in front until he spun off the front row with 18 laps to go, causing a mechanical problem and relegating him to 22nd.
● Points: Almirola arrives at COTA seventh in the drivers’ standings with 144 points, 27 from the first.
● Last year at COTA, heavy rain forced entrants to run on wet tires at the start of Stage 1. Almirola raced as high as 10th before inclement weather cut the race short with Almirola in 20th place.
● Almirola’s career: In 393 NASCAR Cup Series starts, Almirola has posted three wins, 28 top fives, 87 top 10s, three pole positions and has led 899 laps.
● One more time: On January 10, Almirola posted a video to his YouTube channel announcing his retirement from full-time NASCAR Cup Series racing after the 2022 season to spend more time with his family. This year marks Almirola’s 11th full-time Cup Series season. The official press release can be viewed here.
● Rush Truck Centers will serve as the “Alpha” sponsor of the No. 10 Ford Mustang this weekend at COTA. All SHR cars travel from race to race on trucks from Rush Truck Centers, the leading provider of service solutions for the commercial vehicle industry. And those carriers are supported by the RushCare team of parts and service experts, who also provide concierge-level service and maintenance, technical support, schedule mobile service, dispatch roadside assistance, help locate the nearest dealer and more. Rush Truck Centers is the largest commercial vehicle dealer network in the United States with 139 locations, and prides itself on its integrated approach to customer needs, from vehicle sales to parts, service and body shop operations. , as well as financing, insurance, leasing and rental, as well as alternative fuel systems and other vehicle technologies.
● Rush Truck Centers is also a leader in all-makes parts for the commercial vehicle industry and recently released its third all-makes parts catalog. The catalog features 16,000 parts from over 125 manufacturers, the most common parts needed for commercial vehicles. No matter what make of truck you drive, you’ll find what you need in this catalog. It’s also packed with technical and product tips to help you stay up and running. Contact your local Rush Truck Centers location for a copy.
● Mobil Delvac 1 joins Rush Truck Centers as co-title sponsor of the No. 10 Ford Mustang at COTA. Mobil Delvac 1 heavy-duty diesel engine oils are designed to help commercial fleets save money and increase uptime by saving fuel, extending engine life and extending drain intervals. In 2020, SHR trucks went from three oil changes per season to just one oil change using Mobil Delvac 1 diesel engine oil.
● Beyond the 10 YouTube series:In 2022, Almirola returns to share his life beyond the #10 Smithfield Ford with the third season of his award-winning YouTube series. Fans and media can subscribe on YouTube to see Almirola’s personality on and off the track. The episodes have already featured life as a father, husband and athlete, giving fans a unique perspective on what goes on in the life of a professional NASCAR driver. Fans can also follow Almirola’s social media channels: @Aric_Almirola on Twitter and Instagram, and @AricAlmirola on Facebook.