Elden Ring has plenty of obscure side stories to complete, including Fia’s quest.
Elden Ring’s story is as convoluted as one would expect in a Soulslike title.
Even though George RR Martin wrote much of the lore, the story is still as vague as you’d expect from a FromSoftware game.
You can only learn the history of Elden Ring through its many quests, item description, and NPCs around The Lands Between.
If you want to learn more about Elden Ring, completing Fia’s quest is a great way to understand many events in the game.
Here are all the steps you need to complete to complete Fia’s quest in Elden Ring!
How to Complete Fia Quest in Elden Ring – Locations & Guide
1. Access the roundtable
The first thing to do is meet Fia and talk to her. She is in the room just before reaching the Blacksmith.
Talk to her and let her hold you. This will give you Baldachin’s Blessing, a consumable that grants 35% physical damage negation for 15 seconds and increased balance.
Keep in mind that having Baldachin’s Blessing in your inventory lowers your maximum HP by 5%.
Read more: Breathtaking screenshots in Elden Ring
2. Find D, get a root of death and go to Altus plateau
You can find D in Limgrave, northeast of the Summonwater Village Outskirts grace site. You will find a Tibia Mariner at Summonwater Village near this location.
Defeating the Tibia Mariner in Summonwater Village yields a Deathroot as a reward.
After getting this item, go to the Round Table Fort and show the Deathroot to D and accept the introduction to Gurranq, the Beast Clergyman.
After initially speaking with Fia during the Roundtable, you won’t be able to progress her questline for a while. To progress in its story, you must reach the plateau of Altus.
Here is everything you need to know to get to Altus plateau in Elden Ring. Once you reach this location, rest in any Altus Plateau grace site, then return to the Round Table Fort.
Speak with Fia again and choose the “Speak in Secret” option once she has you to receive the Patinated Dagger.
3. Deliver the weathered dagger and get the imprint of the black knife
After getting Fia’s Weathered Dagger, give it to D. Once you’ve given this item to D, exhaust his dialogue and return to Fia.
Once you talk to Fia, she will mark your map with the location of the Black Knife Catacombs at Liurnia of the lakes.
Reach the Black Knife Catacombs and defeat the secret boss of this dungeon. Here’s how to find the Black Knife Assassin secret boss in the Black Knife Catacombs:
- Go to the Catacombs of the Black Knife.
- In this catacomb, there is a room with two falling guillotines. As soon as it falls, climb on it so that it can carry you. As soon as you see a secret passage, jump into it.
- Defeat all enemies in this area and follow the path to the end.
- Once you reach the end of this path, hit the wall to reveal the entrance to this boss
- Defeat the Black Knife Assassin to get the Black Knife Imprint
Also Read: How to Beat Elden Ring – Full Guide + Tips & Tricks
4. Deliver the Black Knife Imprint and get D’s Twin Armor
Once you have the knife print with you, go to the round table and deliver it to Rogier. You meet this NPC initially at Stormveil Castle, near the Rampart Tower Grace site.
Rogier is on the right side of the Roundtable Hold’s balcony.
After delivering this item, rest at the Site of Grace at the Roundtable Hold to reload the area. Go to the blacksmith area; you should see a newly opened door at the end of the hall.
Enter this room. You should see Fia there; talk to her and she will disappear once her dialogue is finished. As wellyou can pick up D’s twin armor on the floor of this room.
Looking for the best FP talisman in the game? Elden Ring: How to Get Carian’s Filigree Crest – Best FP Talisman Slot
5. Get the Death Curse
This is one of the most important steps needed to complete this quest. Fia’s quest in Elden Ring intersects with Ranni’s quest.
You need to follow Ranni’s quest to a certain point for the Inverted Statue to gain access to Liurnia’s Divine Tower, where the Death Curse is.
Here is everything you need to know to get the inverted statue in Ranni’s quest.
As you progress through this questline, you’ll face one of the toughest bosses in the game so far. best strategy to defeat General Radahn, one of the Elden Ring demigods.
Once you reach the Liurnia Divine Tower, you will be able to pick up the Death Curse.
6. Reach the deep depths and find D’s brother
Once you’ve picked up the Death Curse, head to the Siofra Aqueducts to get to Deeproot Depths to continue Fia’s quest in Elden Ring.
Here is a brief explanation of how to get to this place. If you need more details, here is a full explanation of how to access Deeproot Depths!
- Fast travel to the site of the Ancestral Woods Grace in Nokron, the Eternal City.
- Travel northeast, pass some jellyfish, jump on the ledge near these enemies and continue down this path until you reach the cliff grace site facing the aqueduct.
- Since you are already there, you can find D’s brother and give him the twin armor.
- Travel through the aqueducts and confront the two Gargoyles at the Grand Bassin de la Cascade and activate the Site of Grace.
- There is a coffin near the waterfalls. Interact with it and let yourself be transported to Deeproot Depths.
7. Find Fia in Deeproot Depths and deliver the death curse
Here’s how to find Fia in Deeproot Depths:
- Once at this new location, head west from Great Wall Crest until you reach the Deeproot Depths Site of Grace.
- From there, keep traveling northwest, following the edge of the waterfall. Eventually, you will find tree branches that you can climb. Climb these roots until you reach the Across the Roots Grace Site.
- Now head to the giant arena near this site of grace and defeat the champions of Fia.
- Rest at the Grace site that spawns after defeating the champions, and after that you should find Fia nearby.
- Talk to her and let her kiss you. Once the dialogue prompt appears, select “Give death curse”. She will give you the Blessing of the Radiant Canopy as soon as you do this.
- Rest at Grace’s site and talk to her until you exhaust her dialogue. Do this several times if necessary until he says goodbye and falls asleep.
Looking to level up quickly? New Elden Ring Flying Horse Rune Farm Glitch – Easy Unlimited Runes
8. Defeat Lichdragon Fortissax and Quest Rewards
Once Fia has fallen asleep, interact with her one more time and select the “Enter Deathbed Dream” option.
This boss can be a tough battle. Still, you can make this boss fight more accessible with the right strategy.
It’s the best strategy to defeat Lichdragon Fortissax in Elden Ring!
Here are the rewards you can get for this quest if you followed all the instructions above:
- After defeating this boss, you will receive the Prince of Death Rune of Repair for the end of Age of Duskborn. If you are curious about the endings of this game, here is the explanation of all Elden Ring endings.
- You can exchange Lichdragon Fortissax’s Memory for Fortissax’s Lightning Spear or Death’s Lightning Incantations.
- Fast travel to Fia’s location and you’ll find D’s brother here. Exhaust his dialogue and rest at the Site of Grace to reload the area. Once the area has recharged, collect the Inseparable Sword and Paired Armor.
- Additionally, you can pick up Fia’s Hood and Fia’s Dress from where she slept.
Trying to complete all the quests before the end? All Major Elden Ring Quests
Now you should have successfully completed Fia’s quest in Elden Ring!
Source: Sound Burst