Fallout 76 isn’t going away anytime soon – Bethesda says it plans to update the game for at least five years. Major events like Invaders from the Beyond are part of that, but so are regular updates. The last brings essential corrections.
First, an exploit that allowed cheaters to place NPCs on the map was addressed. In fact, the entire patch notes consist of bug fixes like this. This includes issues with building structures and using blueprints, a VATS hiccup, and several fixes for armor and weapons. Enemies were also having issues. Some froze in place, while others like wolves and dogs didn’t attack the player at all – they’re back to bite you now. You can see the full patch notes at the bottom of this article.
Expect more enhancement and content updates as Bethesda promised. This fall we will also return to the Pitt. It comes after the ninth summer season and the Test Your Metal event.
Fallout 76 Version 18.104.22.168 Patch Notes
- PC (Bethesda.net): 1.6 GB
- PC (Microsoft Store): 9.1 GB
- PC (steam): 2.2 GB
- PlayStation: 9.2 GB
- Xbox: 9.1 GB
- Weapons: The Silver Shroud Tesla Rifle paint now correctly applies to the Charging Shotgun Barrel mod.
Camps and workshops
- To exploit: Fixed an issue where cheaters could place NPCs in the game world.
- Lights: The Diner wall light now correctly plays a sound effect when turned on and off.
- Works : The wires can now be connected to the Firewatch tower power connector.
- Works : The Red Backwoods Bungalow now has a companion door, which can be found in the Doors tab of the build menu.
- Works : Players can now correctly place blueprints containing the Charleston Fire Station.
- Walls: Wall decor items, such as pennants, picture frames, posters, signs, etc., no longer attach to walls in the CAMP Enclave.
- World: The requirements for the “Complete Different Daily Quests” World Challenge have been reduced from 23 to 22, and it can now be properly completed.
- VAT : VATS melee attacks in third person view no longer cause the player to encounter a black screen.
- General: Addressed cases where enemies could sometimes freeze and become unresponsive.
- Wolves: Fixed an issue that could prevent wolves and other dog-type enemies from attacking the player.
Events and Quests
- Public events: Using the World Activity Tracker to quickly travel to a public event the player is already attending no longer kicks them out of that event.
- Public events: Players now correctly join an active public event when entering the event location.
- Lode Baring: Quest tracker no longer persists on screen after completing Lode Baring.
- Eased building restrictions: Setting the snapping toggle to “Collide” now correctly allows placement of CAMP objects without encountering “object intersection” errors.
- Armor: Fixed an issue that caused Thorn Armor’s bleed effect to stack unintentionally. To help account for this change, the bleed effect now deals five times its previous damage.
- To exploit: Addressed an exploit that could cause a weapon to deal more damage than intended under certain circumstances.
- To exploit: Fixed an exploit where players could obtain certain magazines multiple times from the same location.
- Headgear: Captain Cosmos’ helmet now properly prevents damage and disease from aerial hazards.
- Melee Weapons: VATS attacks using automatic melee weapons, such as the Ripper, now correctly progress through the critical hit meter.
- Ranged Weapons: Missile launchers now correctly take status damage from use and are no longer unbreakable.
- Ranged Weapons: Alien Blaster and Alien Disintegrator projectiles now correctly impact objects and terrain.
- Animation: Fixed an issue that could cause water sources to appear to stop flowing when playing Fallout 76 in a language other than English.
- Allies: Allies no longer continue to appear as if they have a weapon drawn after exiting combat.
Performance and stability
- Customer stability: Fixed a client crash that could occur when using VATS melee attacks in third person view.
- Customer stability: Fixed a client crash that could occur when quickly dropping and storing items in a CAMP that had reached the maximum building budget.
- Keychain: Added sound effects that play when opening and closing the key fob in the Pip-Boy.
- Pomegranates: Excessive sound effects no longer play when drawing a weapon with certain types of grenades equipped.
- Sirens: Activating and deactivating a siren multiple times no longer causes its sound effects to stack.
- Dead bodies nearby: Long enemy names are now more appropriately spaced and sized in the Nearby Corpses menu.
- Photo mode: Dr. Zorbo-themed poses are once again available for use in photo mode for players who earned them during Season 7.
- Photo mode: Adjusted the photomode pose list so pose titles and animations are back in sync.
- Dashboard : On consoles, the player’s current Atom balance is now updated immediately after purchasing ranks via the “Rank Up To Here” button on the Dashboard.
- Dashboard : Fixed an issue that caused the “Grade Up To Here” button to remain grayed out after purchasing Atoms.
- Settings: Using the “Default” button in the display options menu now correctly resets display settings to their default values.