FromSoftware’s first attempt at a real open world The Soulslike game contains an impressive number of bosses. Here are the locations of eleven elite enemies, each imprisoned in one of Evergaol’s magical prisons in Ring of Elden.
On your journey through the Lands Between, you will encounter countless horrific enemies who are crying out for your blood.
These vary from the mundane (looking at you, Wandering Nobles) to the frighteningly magnificent, like the many dragons that inhabit each region.
But sometimes you don’t know what kind of enemy you will be facing until you face them in their territory. This is the case with each of the ten Evergaols scattered across the Elden Ring map.
This is where we come in. This is where you can find all ten prisons, with a brief overview of each boss locked inside. Be warned… some of them are challenging but very rewarding.
Looking to optimize your choice of weapons before you start slaying bosses in Evergaol? Discover the best weapon for each attribute in Elden Ring!
Every Evergaol in Elden Ring
The Evergaols on this list will be ordered by their location in the game, starting with the areas that most players are likely to visit first.
Watch out for clusters of freak stones, rocky glowworms sticking up on their ends. They are visible from a distance and will almost always surround an Evergaol!
- Forlorn Hound Evergaol – This Evergaol is located south of Lake Limgrave, just before the Sacrifice Bridge leading to the Weeping Peninsula.
- Stormhill Evergaol – Head up Stormhill to your first Legacy dungeon, Stormveil Castle, and head left onto the open grassy area. This Evergaol is located here.
- crucible knight – Another brutal introduction to the world of Elden Ring, Crucible Knight had to make several players give up before they really started. Insane attack range and hit damage. He rewards you with a powerful incantation and a genuine sense of satisfaction. Here’s our guide to beating him in combat.
- crying evergaol (Requires x1 Stonesword Key) – Head to the western part of the Weeping Peninsula. This Evergaol is just north of the gigantic walking mausoleum.
- Former Hero of Zamor – Much easier than previous fighters, this boss uses Frostbite damage. However, it is slow and easy to counter. Beware of its area of effect attacks and take advantage of its weaknesses: Fire, Lightning and Magic. He drops Radagon’s Scarseal, one of several powerful attribute-altering talismans.
Lurnia of the lakes
- Evildoer’s Evergaol – Embrace the cliff on the west side of the lake as you descend the northwest route. Once you find a Spiritspring, jump to the top of the cliff and backtrack. The Evergaol is close to where you entered the region.
- cuckoo evergaol – Continue north from the Evildoer’s Evergaol without going back into the water. You will soon arrive in this magic prison containing another boss.
- Bols, knight of research – Bols is a huge Troll in knight armor, looking like the many other Trolls you will have already fought by this point. He’s tall, so hits hard but moves slowly. Stay under him as much as possible and target individual legs to knock him down for a critical hit! It drops the Greatblade Phalanx Sorcery, which can be paired with extremely powerful staves for great magic builds.
- Royal grave evergaol – Again, continue north. This time you will need to progress through Caria Manor and then head east after leaving the boss room and reaching Three Sisters.
- alabaster lord – Similar in appearance to the ancient hero of Zamor, the Lord uses gravity magic against those who enter his prison. Watch out for the area of effect attack, but be sure to exploit it as the animation is long and punishing. This boss drops another sorcery: Meteorite.
Liurnia Quest Area
The next Evergaol can only be reached by following Ranni the Witch’s questline, giving you access to an elevated area of Liurnia. Here is our guide to complete the quest and get a legendary sword!
- Ringerleader’s Evergaol – Once you’ve accessed the Moonlight Alter Plateau, head northwest (avoiding or killing the dragons) until you can’t continue. At the tip of the earth you will find this Evergaol.
- Sellia Evergaol – Caelid’s one and only Evergaol is on top of a cliff, south of where you pick up the area map fragment.
- Hugh War Mage – As his name suggests, Hughes relies primarily on magic attacks, although he can bludgeon you with his Hammer. Your biggest threat in this fight will be his Cannon of Haima, an AoE sorcery that will deal double damage if it hits you directly. Killing him will reward you with Spirit Ashes which will make themselves summonable.
- Evergaol of the Golden Line (Requires x1 Stonesword Key) – Altus Plateau also only holds one prisoner, but this one is a bit more important. At the exit of the Great Dectus Elevator, you will cross a natural bridge. Drop down below and head east. Ahead of you is this Evergaol.
Peaks of the Giants
- Lord Contender’s Evergaol – This prison is on the southwest shore of the frozen lake.
- Knight Vyke round table – Evergaol’s penultimate boss is the most human to date. According to lore, Vyke was on the verge of becoming an Elden Lord before madness pushed him out of Grace’s way. It mainly uses lightning attacks, but can be interrupted, so don’t hesitate. He also has the ability to heal once. Drops Fingerprint Set and Vyke’s Dragonbolt Incantation. Be sure to collect the best Holy Seals to use with your growing arsenal of incantations.
Here is a map, for those who prefer to view locations this way.
And that’s all. You have located and hopefully defeated all Evergaol bosses in Elden Ring. The world is better thanks to you. I mean they must have been jailed for something awfulto the right?
There are a more Evergaol in the Lands Between, but this one works a bit differently. Spoiler alert: It is found in the Giant Peaks region and is tied to the main storyline.
If you fancy more boss battles, check out our guide to every quest in Elden Ring and slay key enemies.